View Single Post
Old 11-17-2002, 11:06 AM   #8
Muerte

Muerte is on a distinguished road
This is a player opinional thing. As you see, from the few poll votes, that it's pretty even, nothing is "MAJORLY" ahead. I'm all for full everything, it's the realistic part of gaming. Take D&D table top, you died, you lost everything you owned, even after putting MONTHS of effort and experience into the character. It happens, but it does make you not rush into everything with no knowledge of what may happen. I feel this same thing should happen with muds.

This is my opinion though. But i feel, what is the fun of playing a game that is technically non-winnable, with no difficulty. PK muds, it's a battle of who's on top keeping everyone else down. BUt who cares if you die, you just come right back to life, MAYBE with a lil exp loss, which doesn't matter you'll get that back easily anyways. Most muds don't have the looting cause of the "not wanting to deal with whining players". SO you end up dying, and just coming back to life keeping everything you own. So what does death matter? It doesn't, this is what fosters most twinks and power mongers. They get all that they can, and then just bash everyone else, because they can't lose, if they die they keep everything and just lose a little experience that they can take out on someone else later.

I believe in open gaming. I have lost characters i've put years into. That's part of the downfall of gaming, but whatever it was that killed that character, your next one will be born a little wiser, kinda like the gaming laws of evolution.

Well that's my little mixed up rant on the subject.
Muerte is offline   Reply With Quote