View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 12:21 PM   #87
Parhelion

Name: Sarah
Home MUD: Ethos
Parhelion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Parhelion
Re: Veterans of Roleplay Intensive MUDs

Oh my, was that an attempt at an insult?

I prefer making a long post that addresses quotes in the order that they appeared in the thread, as opposed to making numerous singleton replies like SOMEBODY else in this thread, which accomplishes nothing except boosting post count.

Sorry, there was a "tee hee" involved, but you obviously didn't get the sarcasm.

To begin with, I did not recommend MUDs to a player because they are from the RPMud Network. If you had payed attention to my post at all, you will have noticed I mentioned some games for which there are no plans (to my knowledge) to include in RPMud's listings. Furthermore, I made a point to explain that I actually detested one group of games (IRE's) and STILL recommended it because your original post was worded in such a way as to insinuate that you take the high road and we (Prof and myself) do not. This is an attempt at staining our characters without any basis.

I've been encouraged to be blunt, so I shall, since this parade goes on across several threads. To all the innocent readers out there, I'm going to apologize ahead of time. Please excuse the teeth.

Newworlds, you make an active attempt to defame RPIs every opportunity you get through what you probably consider are clever methods. Furthermore, anytime the RPMud Network comes up, you -generally- have something rather acidic to say, and you word your posts in such a way as to insinuate that all members of the RPMud Network committee all act and think the same way. You clap your hands with "Way to go!"s when directly addressing someone, but you're still virtually sneering while you do it.

You have some weird issue with Prof. I get it. He's an RPI nerd, and you're butt-hurt that he tends to engage you in ways that you don't like. Although I have been a long-time member of this community for several years, my recent involvement with RPMud Network, and my subsequent promotion of it, has led you to spew drivel about my bias activities at least twice now -- even though my posting activity has not been particularly high the past, and my broader social network is mostly made up of developers of H&S and RPE games. Not that you'd know, of course. Your opinion on the entire group is based on the activities of Prof and myself, as we are prolific posters and we both tend to personally favor RPIs -- but if you actually stopped and bothered to look into the committee, you'll find most of its members don't even LIKE RPIs. As a whole, we are trying to represent all roleplaying games, including RPE games, and MUSHs, MUCKs, and other MU*s.

While I understand that things like this are not immediately clear because we do not yet have an active internet presence, I'm quite honestly getting tired of you trying to pop holes in a legitimate attempt at community building -- an attempt that YOU could actually benefit from -- just because you don't like Prof.

No. I did not understand the statement from Threshold because it didn't make grammatical sense to me. I am well aware of the RPI Debates and their contents -- if you expect me to follow every little tidbit sewn by yourself and Threshold, you're mistaken. He's a good admin, but I've got better things to do with my time than hang onto his -- or your -- every word on every thread ever.

Originally Posted by Threshold
"But you certainly can't also lay claim to the phrase "roleplay intensive" for Armageddon Style MUDs."

Since you and he both seem to be confused on you use MUD terms, I'll help you out:
Acronym: R P I
Meaning: RolePlaying Intensive
Thread Title:"Veterans of Roleplaying Intensive MUDs"

So yes. When the acronym is accepted to mean a certain thing, it STILL means that certain thing even when you spell it out.
Parhelion is offline   Reply With Quote