Thread: School Proejct
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 05:14 AM   #1
DrLeprechaun

DrLeprechaun is on a distinguished road
School Proejct

Hello everyone.

I'm a 19 year old studying computers in Sweden, and in our third (and final) year we have to do a school project. Me and a friend decided to do a MUD for our project, and I was wondering if you guys could give us some advice. Most immediate would be a good codebase for a beginnner to start out with, but anything from links to websites about MUD buildning and general do/don'ts would be of great help.

I realise that this might be a pretty big project, but you are expected to spend at LEAST 100 hours on this project. Also, the finished product is not that important, your grade is based more on how you plan your project and how you solve problems that arise.

Now a little info about me that might be helpful to know, don't really know what's useful so I'll just tell you everything.

I'm currently studying php/html and Object Oriented (is that what it's called?) Java, and I've studied a bit of MySQL and (sigh) Microsoft Access. I've also studied QBasic and VisualBasic, but I assume that I won't be using those languages when I program. I've played alot of MUDs, but I've never really played any of them for longer periods of time. I think about 1.5 months is the longest I've played a single MUD.

Just to sum it up a little, I really need to know a good codebase for beginners and where/how to learn it.

Thanks in advance!
DrLeprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote