View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 03:17 AM   #3
Davairus

Davairus is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I dont use the search feature to circumvent ranks, or like it, but thats just me. My mud's name begins with an A, and its higher on the search than it is on the vote ranks.

My point is that the 'vote rank' is what attracts me to this site but I'd rather just search for pk/free/etc and then check the muds out in order of popularity instead of letter. Its a personal preference that I'm sure others can see the logic in (most votes implies best, after all). I don't see the purpose of a search as finding muds via a different method, I see the purpose of a search as finding the mud I'll enjoy the most. I don't see why vote rank and mud details shouldnt be integrated considering the name of this site.

Of course there is no reason it can't be optional and this is trivial code to write as well. I'd like it to be default or saved in preferences.

I already gave criteria for who determines who gets certified approval - the team that wrote the codebase, or the person they've entrusted to do it for them. Obviously Synozeer gets the final say on who gets to certify, we just get to see who certified them (e.g. Iron Realms, Synozeer, or Diku Team c/o Kavir, whatever works).
Davairus is offline   Reply With Quote