View Single Post
Old 04-24-2002, 03:22 PM   #22
Dubthach

Dubthach is on a distinguished road
Yes, I know.  However, the Admin in question acted as judge, jury, and executioner.  As another poster has shown...the Admin is not necessarily in danger because of a conversation that took place privately on his game.  Whether or not this is a criminal problem is very much open to interpretation, and could have been completely avoided by the Admin not using an unethical technique like snooping.  Thus my mention of CYA.

I can only guess that this is about this issue, but if so...one of the players removed was a long time player, and the discussion (so called illegal activity) happened in tells.  

I very much disagree with your advice to nuke the player with no explanation to players.  One of the muds I play, Aardwolf, has had great success with publicly giving reasons for all players who are nuked.  It gives the community a sense of their responsibility and their rights.  I know that most of you Admin type folks think that the people playing your games only have the right to log off...but I think it would be good for you to remember that the players are the ones who "flesh out" the game.  Otherwise we'd all be playing on our consoles with no human interaction.  Nuking long time players with no explanation is going to (rightly) **** other players off.  Why invest tons of time in your game if they could be removed without warning tomorrow?

Dub.
Dubthach is offline   Reply With Quote