View Single Post
Old 12-10-2003, 01:48 PM   #25
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Hi there Molly! And guess what - you're wrong. I've wanted a reason to say that to someone all week, and you got picked!

I'll now explain:

First, I acknowledge that your opinion is jut that, and not based on any actual facts. Just as mine is mine, not based on them either.

I'm not a mud admin, and I haven't been a staffer for any game for awhile now. I'm just a player, and I leave it to the game's admin to actively do their promoting. You'll notice that with the exception of a few posts this week, I rarely post anymore.

Is that because of Matt? Is it because of commercial games making noise? Nah. It's because of posers and flamers and people who say one thing, then recant and claim they meant another when someone calls them on it. Such as you've done in the past making veiled snide remarks about pay-to-play games, and then saying "Oh I didn't mean that!"

So you're wrong about why people aren't contributing other than a bunch of flamers and lamers. It's because - the flamers and lamers are louder, and the rest of us don't want to deal with it. So we sit back and watch, and hopefully get a laugh out of the whole thing.

As for sponging goes, meh. Call me a sponge. Doesn't bother me a bit. I get lots from this website, and I rarely contribute a thing other than the occasional post in a debate such as this. If it bothers you that much that I'm such a leech, um..tough, I guess. I ain't leaving just because my existence offends your delicate sensitivities.

Regarding the exclusive forum being created, you mentioned:
If you'd taken a few minutes to actually read the information Matt presented, you'd see that there are many games being represented by the list, most of which are _NOT_ commercial. Further, I know of one commercial company in particular that meets the qualifications for the discussion group, which isn't a member of it. I imagine there are plenty of others as well.

Personally, I have no stake in whether or not the new discussion project succeeds or fails. But I've noticed that Matt has not taken potshots at other ventures lately, EXCEPT when he's been thrown up with his back against the wall.

To KaVir - you gave me a chance to chill out when I first came aboard and started going nuts with my trolling, because I didn't know any better and refused to accept that this isn't happy fun-land. Matt *seems* to have been doing the same lately. How about giving him the benefit of the doubt and stop taking potshots at him every time he posts anything, anywhere, about anything?

Or, do you enjoy putting his back up against the wall, simply because you know you can? Or, are you sincerely hoping to drive him away? Because if you are, you'll be driving away some of his player base as well..and those are the people this forum was designed for in the first place. Fans of Muds.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote