View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
Cirion56

Cirion56 is on a distinguished road
Post Returning RPer looking for in depth MUD

**Please READ this post, if your MUD does not fit, don't waste both of our time by posting one of those, "Well, it doesn't have this, but what it does have..." replies**

**Just as a heads up, not interested in Armageddon (See Permadeath), Echoes of Albion (See Magic), or Atonement (See Application and Freedom of Character), No Star Wars, No Dragonball, No White Wolf**

Hey guys,

I've been out of the RP scene for awhile and now I'm looking to get back in, but I'm finding the pickings slim for MUDs that I might enjoy. This is mostly due to the fact that some of my tastes have changed and most MUDs I see just do not make the cut for me personally.

I guess rather than write an essay of what I'm looking for, in an effort to appear human perhaps, I can just list them with a short description.

* I'm more into a modern fantasy setting, though one with a medieval timeframe will not be ignored.

* Magic system is a must, I like playing the magic user and possibly the healer in a roleplay setting. If your magic system is restricted or a only stock spells then you need not apply.

* Some sort of economy beyond buy/sell/rinse/repeat with NPC shopkeepers would be great.

* Form of government RP'd out.

* Permadeath is rare.

* No application process. Sorry, I'm all for character development but I don't want to wait three days then hear something is wrong with my character, reapply and then another 3 days later be told by a completely different staff member that there is something else the other staffer didn't mention that is wrong.

* Freedom of character. I understand your MUD has a theme and that is how you want it but if I cannot even have a chance to TRY to make an impact on your world then I'm not interested.

* Playerbase should be not so huge that you cannot make a difference, but also not so small that your actions mean nothing in the end.

* No donating. I don't care how much you say it doesn't give people an advantage, if your MUD does it, I'm not interested.

* A classless system is okay, can take it or leave it.

*Levelless...Yeah, most likely leave it, but I can take it too.

Thank you very much for looking at my list. I'm really anxious to start MUDding again if the MUD is right for me.
Cirion56 is offline   Reply With Quote