View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 07:37 PM   #11
Kitriana

Home MUD: genesismud.org 3011
Kitriana is on a distinguished road
Re: Returning RPer looking for in depth MUD

Check out Genesis: mud.genesismud.org 3011

I've been playing this game since 1995.. and there is always more to learn, explore and experience.

* I'm more into a modern fantasy setting, though one with a medieval timeframe will not be ignored.
- Medieval/Fantasy timeframe with domains that are inspired by novels or from coder's imaginations

* Magic system is a must, I like playing the magic user and possibly the healer in a roleplay setting. If your magic system is restricted or a only stock spells then you need not apply.
- Magic System exists in multiple ways. There are several Magic based guilds... as well as potion options, herbs, and different scrolls or items in game that use magic or rely on it.

* Some sort of economy beyond buy/sell/rinse/repeat with NPC shopkeepers would be great.
- Forging, Auction house, money from herbing, gems, imbued items

* Form of government RP'd out.
- Guilds have varying forms of rulerships/governance with many opportunities for RP and politicking

* Permadeath is rare.
- No Permadeath

* No application process. Sorry, I'm all for character development but I don't want to wait three days then hear something is wrong with my character, reapply and then another 3 days later be told by a completely different staff member that there is something else the other staffer didn't mention that is wrong.
- No Application process to enter the mudd. But there are application processes to join some of the guilds based on theme, roleplay, alignment, race.... etc..

* Freedom of character. I understand your MUD has a theme and that is how you want it but if I cannot even have a chance to TRY to make an impact on your world then I'm not interested.
- Yes -- there is freedom to develop your character or characters if you choose to make a second (No double logins allowed).

* Playerbase should be not so huge that you cannot make a difference, but also not so small that your actions mean nothing in the end.
- Used to have 100 plus people in game at a time.. currently down to about 40-50 at peak times. But enough areas,guilds, etc to substantiate a playerbase of larger size.

* No donating. I don't care how much you say it doesn't give people an advantage, if your MUD does it, I'm not interested.
-No donate button. No required donations. Once in a blue moon (twice in the 15 years i've been around).. they've asked players to donate something if they wanted to in order to do an upgrade on equipment. But its not required.

* A classless system is okay, can take it or leave it.
- No Classes

*Levelless...Yeah, most likely leave it, but I can take it too.
You can level up but there are no numbers.
Kitriana is offline   Reply With Quote