View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #10
dark acacia
Banned

dark acacia is on a distinguished road
Re: LFM: skill-based game with RP

Alter Aeon is an on-and-off game for me. It's a good game, but I tend to take breaks from it now and then. I'll be back someday.

I realize that my RP requirement seems inconsistent, but really I'm tired of the bickering and infighting among characters which inevitably crops up, whether or not I'm playing a spitfire. I think the best way to describe what I'm looking for is PvE rather than PvP role play. In PvE role play, the plot surrounds active threats to the PCs, or the plot is about getting the PCs to band together for some reason. In PvP role play it seems like the PCs are left to their own devices more often than not, and role play tends to turn into couples breaking off for romances or people finding ways to get on each other's nerves.

Botting isn't important to me, but ideally I'd like a game with some latitude here. I played a game where you could spend 1-2 hours having your character hit a training dummy to improve melee weapon skills by typing "attack dummy" and waiting, but you couldn't automate all of the commands necessary to improve thrown weapons ("throw knife, throw knife, get knife, get knife, wield knife, wield knife, repeat") because all those commands had to be typed in. Training with melee weapons like that was perfectly legal because the game computed rounds automatically, but using a script to do the same thing with throwing weapons was not.
dark acacia is offline   Reply With Quote