View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 12:13 AM   #13
DarkOzma

Home MUD: Dragonball Evolution
DarkOzma is on a distinguished road
Re: Pay to play, donations.

Circlemud may prohibit donations for the MUD but there's NOTHING they can do about you accepting donations for your website for the MUD. I really think it's silly as hell for the Circlemud creator guy to say no donations at all, even if they're a strict donation like they should be. Accepting donations to keep the web domain online is the loophole for the poorly made Circlemud license. I wonder if Mr. Jeremy Elson would prohibit one of my real life friends who play my MUD from giving me a birthday present of 20 dollars that I decided to pay my bills with, which includes my server bill. It's like this guy is on a powertrip and wants to restrict a MUD owner who uses Circlemud to never have any money transactions for the rest of their life if that said money is going to be used to pay for a hosting fee. My mom plays my MUD, so does that mean I can't call up her and ask to borrow 20 dollars because I'm behind on money for my bills? I wonder if I can have my wife pay for my server since she's an admin on my MUD. That may be considered a donation by the nazi. I know I'm being a jerk about this but I've never agreed with how the Circlemud license is so nazi-like compared to the rest of the Diku license.
DarkOzma is offline   Reply With Quote