View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 07:28 PM   #7
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Inferno has (or used to have) the Chayani. I haven't played it since it was closed, and it's reopened, so I don't know if that race is still available for players.

Chayani are basically big rocks with legs and arms. They are literally created from stone by the Goddess Falia and are her precious gift to the world. The Chayani are incapable of emotion. The closest they come to any manner of emotional understanding of other sentient beings is there own reverence for the Goddess that created them. They can be confused, or feel satisfaction when they learn something they wanted to learn, but have no personal knowledge of hate, love, joy, fear. They believe themselves to be, I guess you could say, chunks off a singular entity, though they don't have a "hive mind." Also, since they are created and not spawned, they don't have any need or desire (or equipment if I remember right) to mate.

They are *extremely* difficult to roleplay and in the few years I played and IMMed there I only saw a single handful of players who tried. Most gave up after a short time. The others seemed to do a really awesome job at giving their chayanis unique personalities without straying from the chayani mentality. I played one for some time, and while I think I did a reasonable job of it, I knew I wouldn't be able to keep at it. It was fun, and interesting and challenging and even educational. But definitely not something you could approach light-heartedly.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote