View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 07:40 PM   #40
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Re: RPEI, The New RP Standard

Again, one of the spots I've attempted to formulate some definition of RPI has been here.

It's really not so much a matter of what is being said now but rather in the past. Historically, accusations here (and elsewhere) against myself and others have not been leveled on the charge of appearing elitist but on the charge of being elitist.

Agreed, WoW isn't my cup of tea either. However, I did start playing H&S MUDs which were basically just text versions of WoW many years ago. I simply tired of that format and longed for something different. RPI MUDs offered me what I personally was looking for though admittedly I've grown rather distressed with the state of many of them over the last few years. Hence my decision to start my own, working off the principles of old while trying to address from the start problems that came to light in other RPIs over a period of years. One of my greatest worries is with the abandonment of RPIs by veteran players which I've been seeing over the last few years (myself being one of them). If they keep leaving and simply giving up text-based gaming altogether for lack of a MUD which still respects the philosophy that first attracted them, I fear there will be even less of a player pool for my game than the small one which presently exists. Not that such considerations will stop me from pushing on, slowly as it may be, with the project.

However, if you prefer, I'll post some points on Delerak's thread. I have noted a couple things which don't completely jive.

Take care,

Jason

Last edited by prof1515 : 03-14-2008 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Typo on the [/quote]
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote