View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 11:10 AM   #6
incognito9

incognito9 is on a distinguished road
Re: WORKSHOP: Character Building #1

Here goes. This is a fantasy theme. I'm not sure I can manage the shrewdly intelligent part because I don't consider myself to be, you know, shrewd or intelligent (here's a question: is it possible to effectively play a character who's supposed to be smarter than you are?)

All my life I have been surrounded by others who were jealous of my power, and who have tried to usurp it from me. The fool Cresithia, who claimed to want only the love in my heart but truly coveted the spells in my head... my brother Verrick, always warning my of the dark paths that I wandered down as though he cared for my soul rather than wished to keep me weak... the White Mages of th far Isles... I could go on and on, but I will not waste my time on those who are so petty and jealous. I have worked hard for my knowledge, and it is mine and mine alone. I have seen... and done... dark things to acquire it, but of that I will not speak. With knowledge comes power, and with power I can remake the world. Not all at once, mind you. I am not so proud or foolish as to think that even my power is great enough to force my will upon the entire world. No... it must be a slow, inexorable process.

It began with the Bards. Lowliest of the citizens, they were easily won with the simplest acts of kindness, and made to sing my praises. Loved by the people, none now perceive me as a threat, but one by one I bind the great Mages of the world to my service, with dark arts or promises of power, until so many are mine that the rest can not hope to stand against us. One by one I gain support of the great warriors of the lands, winning their loyalty, paying their price, or encouraging them in "other ways"... until my army is great... and none can withstand it.... Then no one will ever be able to take that which is mine.
incognito9 is offline   Reply With Quote