View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 06:39 PM   #57
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Re: Lets Talk about Voting - Shall we?

Here is what happened. You can choose to believe me or not. That's up to you.

1) Page 1 of this thread: I posted that mud wide rewards are ok, just not personal rewards. I was wrong. Obviously I would not have posted that if I thought we were doing something sneaky.

2) Lasher sent me an email that someone reported us for having a double XP promotion. I replied back that yes, we used to do that, before someone linked to Lasher's 2007 post on page 1. We apologized to him for our mistake. We told him we had already ended all such promotions. We informed our players about this online. At this point, we thought what was reported to Lasher was our IN GAME announcements about double xp for voting position. Lasher accepted our apologies and believed that we had no intent to break the rules.

3) Today, I got an email from Adam of TMC that actually included the email someone sent reporting us (with email address removed). That report showed links to 3 forum posts from the last few months. As soon as we realized those forum posts were the problem, we deleted them. We then made a new post, saying we would no longer have any mud promotions for vote position. We posted this on our public forums, private forums, in game boards, and in game channels.

4) A couple hours later, I saw the post here be Kavir for the first time. Milawe and I have BOTH apologized to the mud community for our mistake. It was an HONEST mistake. Lasher already accepted our apology and believed that it was an honest mistake.

5) You can insist that we were deliberately cheating if you want. But if we were deliberately cheating, I wouldn't have made those posts on our PUBLIC forums, and I wouldn't have said on page 1 of this thread that mud-wide rewards were ok. The difference between cheating and a mistake is intent. It is pretty clear we had no intent to cheat. As the months go forward, I think you will see that our vote performance will be pretty much the same with or without those promotions. They were a fun thing that I am sad are gone, but I am sad for our players - not because of the effect on vote totals.

6) I apologize for my rude private message. I am ashamed of it. I should not have said such things even in a private message.

Last edited by Threshold : 10-12-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote