View Single Post
Old 07-03-2002, 11:23 PM   #16
Ntanel

Ntanel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Ntanel
If a person can not write a constructive and progressive review, then they should not be writing a review to begin with.

No one, except for the writer and other "tards" who enjoy badmouthing people's work, should ever write a review in anger or hate. Even if you do really hate the site or the people on it. All it does is make the writer seem more like a moron.

Most would rather try to be constructive and give the MUD owners and players points of focus on what could be changed and developed, if anything.

A fallback is that when there is a really good review and a MUD or site becomes noticed, others strive to achieve the same glory by simply taking ideas from the other better MUDs or sites.

There is a saying, "Imitation is the highest form of flattery". It may have been valid at some point, but nowadays it encourages bad behavior in some. It has gotten so bad that sites are created simply to imitate other sites, but do so under a flag of negitivity and revenge.

In the end, all MUDs and related sites will be the same and this is when the MUD community will become stale and die. A lack of originallity and the balls to be the first at something new.

I, myself, am overly cautious when it comes to new ideas. I check with affiliates before I present new features and such, to ensure I do not step on thier toes.

I have reviewed/critiqued 30 sites in 2 months. I am hoping the first 20 make it into the Summer issue of MCM #4. I have 10 more completed and may be in either MCM #5 or on TMJ. I did purposely avoid a few sites for personal reasons.

I did review/critque both affiliates and non-affiliates as well as sites which have passed on. It is both a history lesson and a tour of the MU* communities.
Ntanel is offline   Reply With Quote