View Single Post
Old 07-07-2002, 08:59 AM   #19
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Actually I agree with GenmaC, if I understand his point:

The function of the review section is to write a review of a game. The function of the forum is to discuss.

If I write a review on XMu* saying: I didn't like the game because I couldn't learn languages and there wasn't any place to find gear.

and someone wants to tell me that I simply wasn't looking hard enough for the gear room and the languages were offered in MU* school, they should post a FORUM thread to that effect, and maybe even put "To Jazuela About XMU*" to make sure I'll read it.

If, on the other hand, they have something to say about the game itself, as opposed to my review of the game, then yes it belongs in the review section.

I read reviews fairly often (around once a week when a game I've heard of or tried shows up). As soon as I see it turning into a debate, I cease to read that game's reviews. Permanently. If I wanted to read a debate I'd come here. If I want to read reviews I go there. I agree that reviews based on erroneous information SHOULD be addressed. I agree with Genma, however, in that they should be addressed in the Forum and not in the review section.

That is all.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote