View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 10:05 AM   #4
Disillusionist

Disillusionist will become famous soon enough
Re: What types of games are impacted the most by permadeath?

I just get tickled when a poster assumes the worst about another.
I got bored with the Wheel of Time after book four, knowing there were umpty-billion others, and it simply didn't hold my interest. Some people got to book seven before they came to the same conclusion. However, it's because I'm impatient or undisciplined? I stuck with the Thomas Covenant books from get-go to gone-for-good. What judgements should be passed on me for that?

Is it possible that it's because the WoT books are tedious, poorly wordsmithed, trite and commercially exploitive? That perhaps one man's T-bone is another man's drivel?

I sincerely wish some of these presumptions about the poster were kept to oneself.

I've gotten tired of characters played by others because I thought they were pedantic, predictable, or otherwise pathetic, but that really doesn't imply that I'm less imaginative or disciplined, does it? Ten years of listening to a character do a weak rendition of Jar-Jar Binks' accent should have -some- terminal point, no?

RPIs. RPEs. RPGs. Know what takes the fun out of many of them? Attitudes of players. Wish there was a perma-death for that.
Disillusionist is offline   Reply With Quote