View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 06:24 PM   #12
Valg

Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Valg will become famous soon enough
From the publisher:

"Are guns used by Christians against non-Christians? Why or why not?
The storyline in the game begins just after the Rapture has occurred – when all adult Christians, all infants, and many children were instantly swept home to Heaven and off the Earth by God. The remaining population – those who were left behind – are then poised to make a decision at some point. They cannot remain neutral. Their choice is to either join the AntiChrist – which is an imposturous one world government seeking peace for all of mankind, or they may join the Tribulation Force – which seeks to expose the truth and defend themselves against the forces of the AntiChrist."

To Lanthaum: No, I haven't played the game. (I have moral objections to giving these people my money, for one thing.) There are infinitely many games I have not played, but I have opinions on some of them based on what I do know about them. However, when multiple independent reputable media sources are putting out claims that the publisher either supports (see above) or fails to dispute, I don't think it's unfair for me to believe them. I mean, I've never been to Iraq but I have a pretty good sense that it's not going so well over there right now. I'm as skeptical as they come, but first-hand knowledge is not the sole way to learn about the world.

The game is based on a bigoted yet popular belief-- an event is coming where people of one religion will be deemed superior and rescued, and the rest left to suffer a terrible war, with only destruction or conversion as final outcomes. If the KKK made a game where one "heroic" race tried to eliminate all non-Aryan peoples from the Earth, I wouldn't give them my money or time either.
Valg is offline   Reply With Quote