View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 07:06 AM   #107
Xerihae

Name: Chris
Xerihae will become famous soon enough
Re: Guidelines for an RPI mud.

Well I'll let everyone in on a little secret. Until this thread kicked off, to me RPI stood for RolePlay Intensive and as far as I was aware was just used by games who wanted to emphasise the fact they consider RP a very high priority. So, while you may have coined the phrase, it certainly has other meanings that people who haven't discovered that you coined it will think apply. This is why we are saying the acronym is misleading.

Oh, and whether a feature is intense or not in the area of roleplay is highly subjective and dependant on the setting of the world being used. I will maintain again that you say to be "RPI" perma-death MUST be used, but in my hypothetical world no-one dies because the Gods created a set number of consciousnesses and whenever the body is destroyed they are shifted to a new one. Perma-death is not intensive in my world, because RP-wise it makes no sense as it doesn't exist.

I will say again that what is considered intense roleplay does not necessarily equate to "as close to real life as possible" roleplay. it is entirely world-dependant, not real-world dependant.

I've noticed some good old personal attacks surfacing in this thread as well. Please, everyone, try and keep it civil. We may disagree, but that doesn't mean we can't discuss without descending into the pits of flame.