View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 12:34 PM   #187
Bakha

Bakha is on a distinguished road
Re: RPI, RPE, and Roleplay

I'm just going to break this down, to see if I have it right. I'm trying to follow this argument, but maybe I'm missing something.

Prof was arguing for RPI as a way to further delineate between different muds to make it easier for people to find the type of mud they're seeking. He made a claim that there were 350 RP-enforced muds out there that someone would have to sift through.

NewWorlds then laughed at his claim and said that was a ridiculous number. No one would have to "weed" out that many muds in order to find one they liked.

Prof then produced a list from a search of TMS that indicated that his number of 350 was at least close. That list was indicative of what a newbie would experience if they searched "rp mandatory" muds on TMS.

NewWorlds then said the list was bunk because once you start weeding (my use of the word now) out the muds that are no longer open and such, the number drops drastically.

Now here's my question. Isn't that the exact point? A newbie would do the search then have to start going to the muds (weeding) to find one that was open.

NewWorlds... this just seems like a silly line of argument you're making. I just don't get it. What are you trying to prove with it? How does it fit your agenda? Are you just trying to show that prof is wrong and that's it? I don't see how this point (were it even valid) really helps you out one way or the other.

Please enlighten me as to your motives here.
Bakha is offline   Reply With Quote