View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 08:02 PM   #19
shadowfyr

shadowfyr will become famous soon enough
Noticed this popped up again, so thought I would correct this issue. I have been a major contributor to ideas for improving the client *and* informing Nick Gammon of the occational bug, and most of that was done **before** I registered it. There is no 'support' in the sense of sending the developer an email or the like. All the support goes on with the forums and probably half the people on there don't have it registered. Everyone gets support if they ask for help.

In fact, often this presents a huge problem, as does having a fully functional client and no 30-day limit, since some features that require serious redesign may never appear in the client, not just do to the philosophical differences of the developer in having never intended them (several things have been added that initially he didn't consider important), but because probably less that 20% of the people that use it have the #$$@$ values to pay to help support it. I mean how the hell hard would it be for most of them to say, "Heh mom! Instead of buying me the new Pokemon cards, can I get $20 to pay for something I have basically been stealing for the last 2-3 years?" Well, not the last bit, but still... And the ones that are old enough they don't have parents around to give them $20 bucks... I am 'sure' if you wanted the latest DVD on the market you would 'somehow' find the money to buy it...
shadowfyr is offline   Reply With Quote