View Single Post
Old 05-25-2003, 06:40 AM   #1
Taniquetil

Taniquetil is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Taniquetil
Unhappy

So three years ago, myself and a friend started joking around how we would create a MUD, since most MUDs just have some aspects of what you're looking for, you all heard the story I'm sure. A few sleepless nights, and we suddenly had something we could agree on.

We did like most, the same mistake of going way to big when outlining our "world". Accordning to me afterwards, even using the word "world" is a big mistake. During these three years we put much effort into our ideas, ran through lines of builders etc and realised that we are going smaller and smaller. First we wanted a high quality RP-encourage MUD with a downtoned fantasy feeling (that rings a bell just about anywhere doesn't it). Now we something completly different, a pure RP MUD, with high demands on quality and realism, and that most important thing: A MUCH smaller setting (note:not world). We quickly realised, aiming too big is going to ####, lets concentrate on something much smaller and try to situate that within a advance plot.

We decided on a Capitol city, the scenario, seige.
So smaller here simply means restricting the actually area where player play, but still the Capitol is going to be around 5000 rooms, which is averange of most MUDs.

So my questions really is, how large are you aiming for, any against/pros of a smaller world?
Taniquetil is offline   Reply With Quote