View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 01:28 PM   #37
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking for an RPI, where the 'I' stands for "Immersive"

This got completely ignored. Perhaps because I didn't flame anyone and decided to be calm and reasonable.

Yeah, because in real life people don't try to min max their lives or level up at their job..... Oh wait, they do. Honestly, what you are talking about is nothing more than a difference in features. I think where the RPI crowd goes really wrong is when they lay claim to a superior form of RP. And that is what they always do whenever "Role Play Intensive" gets discussed. They say they have no OOC stuff, but then their forums are massively used OOC to set up IC activities. I have no problem with that, and I think that kind of OOC communication can be useful. But it really is no different than global OOC channels once you put it all down on a balance sheet. I realize you will disagree, and that's fine too. But that's the point: this is not a fact issue. This is an opinion and a preference issue.

And that is why RPI muds would be much better off calling themselves Armageddon Style RP or something of that nature. What RPI folks are talking about is a specific set of FEATURE CHOICES. They really are not, honestly, talking about RP that is factually more "intensive" than many other games. There is a list of features that RPI fans and creators like. That's great. Give that set of features a proper name and you'd be golden.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote