View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 08:00 PM   #68
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Rather poor reasoning on your part with the whole shotgun thing.

As for you being disgusted at "nonsense", read what I wrote. She's defending him on the basis of marriage and his word, not on the basis of facts. She continues to claim ignorance regardless of what's presented. Not much more that I can say to make her change her mind as she's obviously not using it to begin with. It's just her repeating what he said and defending him without thought. Either that or she's ignoring the evidence and just as unethical as he is.

The issue isn't about whether legal action has been taken, it's about the fact that an unethical act was commited in the first place and that those who did it have no remorse (or continue to feign ignorance) and will not take the ethical course of admitting it, apologizing, and offering compensation and repentance for what they did. Citing a lack of litigation isn't justification of one's actions.

I find it funny that my pointing out the lame nature of her continued claims of ignorance and defense of someone without consideration of facts constitutes some "kind of extreme aggressive stance". She claims she didn't know what happened. It's been explained. She won't change her opinion because she's married to the guy? That's not a defense. It's an excuse. If anything should disgust you, it's the lack of concern she seems to have for his actions and the sorry state of ethics displayed by those who've defended him.

As I said before, if he admitted what he did was wrong and took efforts to make amends, the issue would go away. I, for one, would find that satisfactory (though ultimately, it's not my call). But the fact that Vryce refuses and Soleil continues to blindly defend him on the most pathetic of reasoning doesn't lend anything to their reputations. But it does say something about them.

My response says something about me too. It says that I don't stand for people rationalizing their actions just because they don't want to face the consequences of them. I realize with my posts that some people will take offense. However, they're killing the messenger because of the message, or because they don't like the way in which the message is being made. Sad when style matters more than content and when a crude statement constitutes a worse offense than an actual unethical action.

Again, says something about the sorry state of our society.

Take care,

Jason