View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 08:37 AM   #62
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Re: What turns people from RP?

Zeta I don't know what games you're trying, but they don't sound like RPIs. You say that these are your issues with RPIs. I don't know of any that has a *minimum* emote length, or that even calls them poses. They -do- however have *maximum* lengths.

I don't know of any that have actual chat channels - one has an ooc command that is heard/used by people in the same game room as each other - it's not global or zone-specific. Another one has an OOC lounge, which is -explicitly- OOC and when you enter that area, you cease to be your character and your sdec is something like, "the male humanoid" or something like that.

In an RPI, you can't expect to have to "do" something with every single movement. The rooms can easily be 20 minutes away from each other if you're moving from point A to point B, including movement delays. If you had to act out a scene in every room, your journey could easily take 5 or 6 RL hours. And that's just getting from point A to point B, and not actually doing what it is you came to do once you get to your destination.

It sounds more to me like you're describing a MUSH or MUCK.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote