Thread: SEX!
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2006, 02:59 AM   #114
Lark

Lark is on a distinguished road
The Wikipedia was more of a general statement, it's been brought up before as a questionable resource.

Christianity's more than guilty of many crimes, but I hope that people understand that it in itself isn't a bad thing. It's just been a vehicle for other people's ambitions.

For example, Hebrews and Christer's alike seem to skip over this bit:

So you see, Jews and Gentiles alike aren't as shy as most folks outside (and quite a few inside) believe.

The killer here is interpretation.

Taking some thing literally while keeping other symbolic, muttering some parts when you shout others, that's the problem. Some parts of the bible certainly do need to be take with a cup (sic) of salt, otherwise any son of Abraham's in trouble if they've had lobster before, but the larger mess comes from people's inability to back up and see the bigger picture.

The Catholic and Greek Orthodox church (especially the first against the latter) committed countless atrocities against each other, all stemming from a disagreement over whether Jesus was half- or full deity.

Everyone forgot at that point that the dude got nailed to a plank for saying to just be cool to each other.

So, let me modify this statement and apply it to near-every problem we've got.

"[Two] words: Fundamental[] A**holes. You know, the sort who [impose on other people] but who are happy to [use a religion, philosophy, or cultural ethic to justify it]. With leaders like these, can you blame the rest of the culture if it follows along?"

That's the point I want to make. Thank you, Tim, you could have said estiritsi (sp?, "kiss my ass", Czech) to me, but instead you at least explained yourself and gave me a chance to respond. Looking back through the posts I can see why Shane has offended you.
Lark is offline   Reply With Quote