Thread: Moderation
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 05:36 PM   #110
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Re: Moderation

Give me a break, Detah. Get something straight:

1) Why this one specific poster was banned, was no one's business but his and Lasher's. It isn't our business to know what went on in PMs. The P in PM stands for Private, and it's private for a reason. Often, to save the member from public embarrassment, which is a good thing. For all we know, Craywhatever threatened to find out where Lasher lived and kill him. We don't know, and we won't know, and I'm glad of it. There's such a thing as confidentiality, and Lasher seems to have enough integrity to feel uncomfortable telling us anything, and he only told us what he told us because Craywhatever insisted that all this crap be aired in public.

2) People don't need to disobey a rule in order to get banned. People could be banned for any reason at all, and in fact, there's no rule in that list of rules saying "spam-bots are against the rules" but I'm very very thankful Lasher bans spam-bots. If you really feel people need -that- much hand-holding, and need to be instructed on every detail of what -might- get them banned, I recommend you work for the Microsoft legal team. They'll love you.

2a) It's common sense. If you troll, you'll annoy enough people enough of the time that the boss's mailbox will be filled with complaints. Enough complaints, and rules or no rules, you're outta there. And good riddance until you learn to play nicely with others. Craywhatever was being a troll, by instigating arguement for the sake of arguement, then claiming he was a victim, making accusations, implying facts that didn't exist, etc. etc. etc. All of that combined - is called trolling/jackassery, and whether it's listed specifically, with links to the dictionary definition for the reader's convenience, in duplicate and notarized - trolling/jackassery is a bannable offense on just about every single forum on the internet - and obviously here too, because - you guessed it - Craywhatever was banned for it.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote