View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 10:04 PM   #2
Erisine

Erisine is on a distinguished road
Re: Let's try this again...RP MUD

"Unless you have a race that is part octopus and part boston terrier then guess what, your races are the same as everywhere else."

I totally know what kind of race I'm going to add to my game if I ever have one.

Honestly, I don't think you're going to find too many MUDs that has x, y, and z but not a, b, and c, and still have a playerbase that's worth playing with.

If you're looking for a "RP" game that you can just get in and get out, maybe you might find something from one of the Skotos games. Ironclaw, or one of their other adventure-typed games (I think there's one called Grendal's Revenge) might be more up your alley. They have other more "serious RP" games, too, that don't have applications and such. One's the Eternal City, and the other might be called Marrack's Castle (don't quote me on that).

If you're looking for "intrigue and politics", then I honestly don't think you're going to find such a thing in the same games that are all about leveling and classes. Sorry. It's not that those games are bad or anything, it's just that those games tend to be more achievement-based, and you're not going to get a GOOD experience trying to play politics in that environment.

You can look into Accursed Lands -- they have no application process and you are given a lot of freedom. They do not have classes OR guilds (you learn any skill that you decide to use). They also have a low player population. You can make money doing just about anything -- be it through killing, whittling, weaving, tailoring, smithing, panning gold, foraging, whatever, and the economy of the game is not strong so there is no real NEED for money to enjoy it and make the most of it. That said, raising skills does require a lot of heavy grinding.

You can look up a game called "Lament", which is similar to Accursed Lands but has less stringent policies and more stuff that works. That said, I don't know if they are open. (You are welcome to play there, of course.)
Erisine is offline   Reply With Quote