View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 05:18 AM   #10
Chernk

Chernk is on a distinguished road
Re: Suggestion:Report dead mud

True, probably will need to be longer then what I purposed, just a idea. Just thinking it would work as a in-case the server went down for a while, if you do quarterly connection tests and fail two/three in a row could be bad luck or the MUD is down permanently. Maybe have a voting list, no-voter list, and dead/historic list. Which a disclaimer for the no-voter list, which might read, These MUDs may or may not be active, just there has been no votes in the past year for any of them. Which yeah people would probably still pick a judgment from, but I find TMS is one of the easiest voting sites that is widespread enough to possibly get people coming to it, so just having someone click to vote every couple of months to keep on the active list wouldn't be hard.

Yeah, defining stuff always help out. Just having a Mutli-User Dungeon only having a single person on it would seem to kill the purpose of it's classification, which I know a lot are currently because of how widespread they are and how many existing with the same base.

Yeah, a possibly dead flag would be nice, but still want some restrictions on it so if someone does get bored they can't just mark alive games with the possibly dead flag, so if there was votes the possibly dead flag is removed/faded out.
Chernk is offline   Reply With Quote