View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 04:32 PM   #82
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about
Re: Reasons to promote/discuss your MUD on TMS.

You're right. I do blog a lot, and it's mostly to Threshers (people who play Threshold) because they're directly interested in what I have to say. This helps MY community, but it doesn't really help the mudding community. I do think that articles need to be more substantial than blogs. In a blog, you can just spout your opinion, and you don't need to try to verify anything. They don't really need to be helpful, and they don't always have a purpose.

If I started submitting to this site again, I would do it because I wanted to help with the community and to get back to more scientific/journalistic writing rather than creative writing. Those are good enough to submit here rather than blogging. Also, like I said, TMS does generate a crapload of traffic just from the bigger muds alone. Some people DO just vote and move with life, but there are always some that stop and smell the pixels. It does create exposure for your mud if you're allowed to link your mud to your article.

(I hope I understood your post right. We're having our annual convention this weekend, and I'm totally frazzled! Forgive me if I misunderstood something!)
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote