Thread: Crafting system
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2005, 07:30 PM   #17
spindiggy

spindiggy is on a distinguished road
Hello all,
My first post.. I am not much for in depth descriptions and I surely am just a fodder as compared to the wel known people on this thread. But I'll plunk my 2c..

Firstly, I don't go by this system but I have found the details in these docs to provide an instant memory boost when the mind is a tad meek. Or if I just can't think..

Ingredients.. I've read most of the threads but really saw no mention of what type of theme that Kavir is looking to go with. However, if it's anything fantasy, then how about farming? I remember the Inquisition for many years ago as I had a few of there released snippets..

But anyway, I can't give ideas for everything but when it comes to ingredients, Why not allow players to farm? Let them plant, grow and create ingredients.. There were various ideas that I thought were pretty good, my thoughts would be that ingredients would be setup with varying affects based on the overall success of the growth or finished process. Much like checking a skill system. The ingredient is only strong if it was grown correctly.. Enough water added and so on. If the player didn't do it right, then, the affects would be allot weaker and would not last as long..

Anyway, was just a different view is all. Maybe it would help a little..

Chris

Growing Ingredients:
-Plow the field/land - SECT_FARM | SECT_LAND
-Plant seeds: SECT_FARM | ITEM_SEEDS
-Ability to look at plants, to watch/see progress
-Plant update feature to update growth . Set flag via plant age. sprig, sprout ect
-Uproot.. Allows the grower to take finished product.
spindiggy is offline   Reply With Quote