View Single Post
Old 06-05-2005, 10:24 PM   #75
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
3 people left TMS that I'm aware of: Molly, Rhuarc, and Tyche. Don't you think that if they were actually so high quality they'd be able to treat a disagreement like what it is and stop the attacking, since it does absolutely nothing but cause problems?

Nod, I understand, from a management perspective, why you'd ban Soleil. It's the route of least resistance. I still don't think I'd be able to stomach allowing an angry mob to run people off what's supposed to be a forum for open discussion on MUDs. I'd tell the mob to go raise their pitchforks elsewhere as here isn't appropriate. And you're right, it sets a bad precedent. I don't plan on joining the forum for other reasons right now(ask me why privately if you care), but that's a pretty slippery slope you're on there. What if I came? Nobody has any grounds to accuse me or IRE of -anything- illegal but that mob doesn't like me either. Would you ban me if they started flaming me for expressing an opposite point of view? Where do you draw the line?

Anyway, they're your forums and it's your decision. I actually think it's an interesting conundrum and though I'd make a different decision, I can understand why you made the one you did. I just don't know how you intend to draw the line in terms of permitting dissent or controversy. It'll come up again once you establish a precedent for banning anyone some of your forum users are willing to spend enough time flaming.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote