View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #1
Con liege

Con liege is on a distinguished road
Help Me Find a MUD, Please

I've been away from MUDs for over a decade, now. I've been working, raising a family, fighting wars... The usual things that can get in the way of a rich and generally pointless online existence. Now that I've got a little time on my hands, I thought I'de see how MUDs have come along.

Back in the day, I primarily played Medievia. I know, I know... That dirty rotten scoundrel Vryce and all that. I'd rather not open that can of worms, buts that's the MUD I liked. Here's some features I'm looking for:

A) hundred of players

B) live auction channel

C) some manner of loot/stat randomization so that everyone isn't just walking around in "best in slot" gear (like WoW). Another words, you and I might both have the "Awsome Sword of Goblin Destruction", but yours has 3d8+4, and mine is only 3d8+3. That means ill just have to keep killing what ever drops it until I get one that's 3d8+5. The equipment tweaks was one of the best features of Medievia.

D) Classic Tolkinian fantasy setting (or similar). No "my little pony" themes, please.

E) NPK/LPK take it or leave it. Non-NPK zones are a plus.

F) Some manner of house would be nice. Or some other manner of mass storage. I'm a pack rat with inventory issues.

G) lots of levels is good. Multi-classing is good.

H) basic class system is better (Cleric, Thief, Warrior, Mage). Some hybrid classes are ok, but nothing crazy (navy seal/ninja/girl scout/Martians are way OP in my book).

I) base code is secondary to the MuDs level of derivative development, so I'm not too picky about that.

I look forward to your recommendations.
Con liege is offline   Reply With Quote