View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 11:42 AM   #213
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Re: In defense of all MUDs. Our genre's noteworthiness is being questioned.

Thank you for the kind words of support but the RPMUD Network is not me alone. There are five of us (and a recently elected sixth member) who have ALL been working hard now for week after week, month after month. Every Monday night for the last 4-5 months has consisted of 4-5 hour long meetings refining and re-defining the site's purpose and trying to find the best way to accomplish the most good, then the coders in our group have worked through the week on the various aspects while the others have begun some of the other non-code aspects of the site design. If anything, my role has been more in terms of organization and management of the group itself than the actual nose-to-grindstone coding of the site (codetard that I am). But the Operating Committee as a whole has determined our course. ShadowsDawn and I are the two members who participate here on TMS but there are also three others who don't participate on the TMS forums. Together, we've got a variety of perspectives on the various types of RP-Enforced MU*s and every decision we've made has been the result of our combined determination, weighing everything as fully as we can before proceeding (in fact, we've discussed everything to such minute detail that with only a few exceptions the final results of our discussions have ended in 5-0 decisions).

I do thank you though and I'm sure the others do as well. Hopefully our efforts will yield a result which can fill a void in the community, at least so far as enforced RP MU*s are concerned.

Take care,

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote