Thread: LPC Help
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2002, 10:52 AM   #13
kaylus1

Probably. I just like to argue for the sake of it, so in fact my original description could suffer an icky fate if it were not a daemon. Which I wrote last night by the way and it works good that way. The reset() concept is too froggy =)

Yep, sure is. All I did was take something similar to that reset() code I posted a few notes back and use it in the create of the daemon, and have it autoloaded with the driver and handle things in a similar way to MudOS' compile_object. All I had to do was stick a little line in my movement code, after it failed finding the object and failed loading it, that told it do run the "find_load_vr(string)".

As to snowfruit's question though, I'm pretty sure I read in another board that he/she prefers LDMud. I don't think it has compile_object, so he/she will probably have to write the VR server.

I had not used it before a few months ago, and to tell the truth had a hard time getting used to it after being so used to Mudos efuns..

There isn't alot of mudlib support out there, only two good libs that I can think of "phantasmal" by Noah Gibbs which is very nice, and "Melville" by Steven Schmidt (Mobydick, whom most remember from TMI). Melville is in fact reminiscent of TMI-2, just a cleaner, tighter, version without all the extra junk.

Despite the lack of Mudlib support, there is alot of driver support and I like that =)

Kaylus@Solice