Archbaron

Name: Andrew
Home MUD: God Wars II
Home MUD: Armageddon
Archbaron is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Archbaron Send a message via Yahoo to Archbaron
Exclamation Detail-Oriented Self-Motivator Seeking MUD Staff Position

Greetings,

I have been playing MUDs on and off for many years now, and I would easily admit that they are a fundamental part of my life. I believe that the medium in which MUDs communicate messages and images surpasses any modern video game, and that MUDs are not a dying form of entertainment. I mostly play RPI MUDs, as they hold my interest longer than any other genre I've tried. As stated in this thread's title, I am very detail-oriented, as well as a driven, self-motivated worker. I have much experience in leadership, and this carries over into my MUD experiences.

I often have much free time to dedicate to my hobby, but I have always been interested in expanding this to other outlets within MUDding. I have started personal MUDs before to build and test with, but starting my own has never been a true possibility or goal. However, as a result, I have much practice in OLC and can very easily adapt to any building system in a MUD. I am an exceptionally fast learner with common sense and extensive computer experience.

I am posting this thread today to offer to join a MUD's staff. I am not interested in coding, but I am willing to learn how to script using your in-MUD language. However, my main desire is to design and build beautiful, unique, and well-syntaxed rooms and items. I am also willing to work player-side to help answer questions and as a general public relations staff member. Any genre of MUD will do, but the more focus it has on role-playing, the better.

If you are interested in extending me an offer as a staff member for your MUD, please send an e-mail to:

I will not respond to offers PMd to me or posted here. In your e-mail, please supply your Web site and the address at which I can connect to the MUD. It is necessary for me to play your MUD before I make any decision. If your MUD is new and lacks any of these things, still feel free to send me your information. However, I am not interested in joining MUDs that are still just concepts or stock. While I understand that established MUDs want people with experience (which I currently lack), I also can tell what projects are worth my time, so serious offers only, please. The more information you provide in your e-mail to me, the better.

I look forward to our correspondences.
Archbaron is offline   Reply With Quote