Old 04-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #24
Realedazed

Home MUD: Armageddon
Home MUD: Harshlands
Home MUD: DartMUD
Realedazed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Realedazed Send a message via Yahoo to Realedazed
Re: LFM: skill-based game with RP

You may want to check out DragonRealms (if you don't mind paying for a game) and DartMUD, if you do mind.

Here;s the run down on DragonRealms - as I remember it.
- Last time I checked out the game the had just rolled out trade skills (mining, blacksmithing, etc) I read a quick tutorial on blacksmithing and it seems pretty cool. I'm guessing there is/will be a lot of trading going on as they add more crafts/resources, etc. Plus, there is a whole trader class that runs caravans and stuff through the cities, can act as a broker, loan shark and more.

- The lore is pretty deep and there are plenty of groups that actively RP and I think Immortals that support it. There is a whole strict RP server, but that comes at an additional price unfortunately.'

- There is permadeath, but I think you would have to go out of your way to achieve that. You have to die several times without an orb or something like that. I can't remember exactly how it works, though.

- No training parties. That's a toughie. People do get to together and work on their skills or teach. When I played, I just set up a system of triggers and RPed while training.

DartMUD, in my opinion is similar to DragonRealms. I guess it's just the way I play, though. I make triggers that practice skills while RPing, or just hanging out at my computer. Never unattended though. The amount of things that you can craft and completely customize is amazing. There's so many materials, dyes and finishes and more that is assures that no character can be outfitted alike. Ogma seems to be constantly adding new crafts and features as well.

DM also has RP, there are different houses, guilds and stuff to join. I don't know how much drama there is between each, though. I've read on the forums that people swear by the RP there, but I can't find too much of it. But, I've been so into the crafting side that I've been lazy to the RP part.

Commerce...not really. It seems that must characters can craft a ton of different things. And if you can't crafting it, someone can and will craft it for you for free. Sadly the Merchants guild is no more, but ICly, my character is looking to bring it back (somehow...).

Lastly, there is permadeath, but that can be avoided if you are careful and always wear an amulet.

Alrighty, that's it from me. Hope this post helps a little bit.
Realedazed is offline   Reply With Quote