View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 05:40 PM   #9
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
KaVir, please be serious. This was not only a personal attack, but it was COMPLETELY off topic:

"I guess you got a bit upset about missing out on the 'free mud listing', huh?"

Furthermore, you can try to impute whatever phantom motives upon me you choose, but that does not make them true.

A list of free MUDs (as defined by Anitra, since she started the thread) has a value to potential players looking for the right MUD for them.

A list of MUDs run by professionals (as defined by me, since I started the thread) also has a value to potential players looking for the right MUD for them.

How can you possibly not realize there is a totally logical and legitimate purpose behind BOTH kinds of lists?

To make an analogy, some people use Chemlawn for their lawn care, some people hire Bob the local Gardner/Handyman, and some people make their kids cut the grass and pull the weeds. Different people have different preferences. Some want a professional experience. Some what a hobbyist/homegrown experience. Some want a bargain/free experience. I say give people the information and let them choose. More people finding MUDs that are fun and right for them is good for the entire hobby of MUDding.

Why is a list of free muds the only type of list that has any value in your eyes? Furthermore, why do you have to turn everything into a flame war? Can't you just let a thread stay on topic? I did ask you nicely, after all.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote