View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 11:45 PM   #28
shander

shander is on a distinguished road
I guess this thread is an ok place.

With all the skilled programmers playing games like avalon and with their efforts put into optomizing the fighting interface in zmud etc, it occured to me that a Mud like game that could interface with other web sites and somehow drive traffic might be a thought.

I might not be able to express it, but lets say the items and attributes are run and arbitrated by a given mud, but the "rooms" or perhaps *some* rooms were web based where mud content could reside via rss or something on a html php web url (and ip address) and so like you might take the fiight via a path or entries and exits to a Vacation rental spot, or a myspace page or a clothing store.

Now I use dual screen s at 1600 x 1200 a page with a 200 by 200 pixel mud content box or something would be legible and I coudl still have room for my zmud to be up as well as any editor I might be using for "real life work" while I had the mud up and playing .. grin I like to blend reality and fantasy.

Basically, the idea might be to reward folks for creating content in game, and both they and you would profit from traffic in their pages and pointers from thier pages to other pages the mud operator might have. We're talking page rank, and google adword income etc.
shander is offline   Reply With Quote