View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 09:04 PM   #7
Ilkidarios

Name: Lamont
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
So these units are like credits?  Or are they role-playing points?

I would say that a 500-word essay wouldn't be that hard.  Some people write 500-word essays here on the boards!  I'd like to find out what game this is, I could use my writing talents to earn points in a game instead of just in my job.

As far as pay-for-perks go, I don't like them that much.  I don't think my hours of role-playing and training are worth $1.60.  But my main issue with pay-for-perks, and I'm not trying to go off topic here, is the fact that there is no IC explanation for buying a bunch of perks in real-life.  Therefore, most pay-for-perks MUDs tend to be "grinders" where you sit around and cut a swath through monsters all day, and some sort of random celebration pops up every once in a while.  Those MUDs a rarely role-playing centric.

I'm sure there are exceptions, but this is what I have seen from my personal experiences.

If I were to price my time, I wouldn't be able to put a price on it. Solid work in a MUD, in my opinion, is the only way you can truly appreciate it. If you've built your character from the ground up, you will like him/her more than some trophy character with the giant weapons that you use to show off to all your friends from "IM".
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote