View Single Post
Old 07-23-2005, 09:51 AM   #30
Sinuhe

Sinuhe is on a distinguished road
Ilkidarios wrote: July 22 2005,22:35
I suppose it never occurred to you that the person who actually ‘derailed’ your thread was the one that originally attacked her? Most posters defend themselves when attacked.

Threshold wrote: July 23 2005,03:21

On what statistics do you found that cocksure statement? While it is true that most new mud efforts fail, it is also true that quite a few ventures that started as a ‘spin-off’ from another mud ended up more successful than the original. In my opinion this has more to do with the seriousness, abilities and willingness to work among the people that develop and run the muds than the origin of those people.

Muds started by twinks usually fold in a short time. Muds started by serious developers usually prevail. They may not always have hundreds of players, but that is not always their goal either.

In case you are referring to ‘The Mind’s Eye’ Boards, my theory is that this forum died from lack of oxygen. The limitations on who was even allowed to join, and the fact that the only opinions allowed seemed to be the ones consistent with those of the management, effectively killed it in a very short time.

As far as the Mudlab.org forum is concerned, it is a totally open forum, and anyone is free to go there and assess the quality of the discussions compared to here. And although it is true that some of the people that are active members there occasionally are still posting here too, it also seems that many of them, including Molly, made a clean cut.

Also I suppose it never entered either of your minds that repeatedly slandering people who aren’t even here to defend themselves is rather tacky, to say the least. If this is what the ethic standard of this forum has fallen to, no wonder all those people left.
Sinuhe is offline   Reply With Quote