View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 02:25 PM   #164
Vanth

Vanth is on a distinguished road
Re: RPI, RPE, and Roleplay

So, after posting this, I thought about it some more, and wanted to add those thoughts to the mix.

Armageddon has the luxury of not caring how debased the term gets because Arm has enough momentum to keep it in the top 10 most of the time. Newer and/or smaller RPI MUDs don't have that advantage; they are more reliant on the search function being useful. So, just because it isn't a problem for us, doesn't mean it isn't a problem.

But defining RPI here in the forums is a useless exercise unless the TMS admins choose to verify that the way a game admin chooses to describe their MU* has some resemblance to reality. And quite frankly, TMS strikes me as a site in stasis; there doesn't seem to be anything new that wasn't here 5 years ago, and in fact it has declined in usefulness in two ways. One, reviews have been disabled, rather than finding a way they could be better implemented. And two, the forums are much less active than they once were - there is less of a sense of community, likely because people were driven away by all the flamewars. Both seem to be indicative of an admin/staff that wants a low-maintenance site. So, I doubt that they're going to enforce the definition of RPI, even if we could agree on what that definition was.
Vanth is offline   Reply With Quote