View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 04:58 PM   #6
noodles

noodles is on a distinguished road
Re: Getting FMud to work

While I had no intention of using FMud (I tried the latest version on Windows), I tried it with my MUD. I set up the policy to allow connections from any site, on the port my MUD was on. I started up the Python server to serve the policy file. I then browsed the included web page (modified for correct port number (3000) and addresses (127.0.0.1)) and tried to connect.

The policy server said it served it successfully. But the client would not connect due to security problems. Now, I gave up here, no big loss as I was just playing with it.

However, the weird thing is and I suspect this is on Flash rather than FMud, regardless of a lack of correct security policy being available the client still seemed to do a queer partial connection. It wasn't every time I tried, but it was often enough, that when the connection attempt was getting nowhere and I disconnected the attempt in the client, that the MUD server would crash because it detected a disconnection before it fully processed the connection. It was like it was no longer going to try and connect, but while cleaning up it opened the socket to immediately close it.

Anyway, ignoring the queer pointless connect/disconnect, I noticed the comments on the FMud site indicated someone else had the same problem with the policy not working on Windows as well. I tried all the other solutions given there.
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote