Thread: Review Response
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2003, 12:10 PM   #1
Terloch

Terloch is on a distinguished road
Normally I just let reviews go, but I felt the need to post this up here and make comments towards it, anyone else who wants to say anything, by all means, please do.  So "Mudder" at , this is for you...

Now, I guess it's just me, but I don't think that 9 classes is too much variety, especially when they are set up as they are on Feudal, with very little if any overlap, and all explained in character creation as to what they are and do.

Is our character creation long, yes.  Does it explain each selection of race and class, yes.  Does it warn people if they are choosing one of the difficult classes or races, YES.  Are there a couple of races which are difficult even for established players, most definitely, which is why it tells you that right off the bat in character creation.

My guess if you more than likely picked a saurial as your race, and ended up in Kisah, the elven city, which is confusing, but it also prompts you several times when you take this option that it is difficult and not advised for new players.

I have scoured the forums in search of any posts from anyone looking for newbie assistance, and I see nothing on there except for a new login from someone and one post which consists of the following...

Which was responded to by one of my staff with the following..

Now, last time I checked, that's relatively helpful, fairly straight-forward, and from a veteran player.  And I don't even see how Dulan or anyone else who loves to gnaw on those who flame people could find an issue there...

My great apologies to anyone who wants Midgaard as their starting city and New Thalos as a secondary.  My great apologies to those who want warrior, mage, cleric, and thief as the four classes who essentially share all skills and spells.

Personally, I think there should be a way to directly refute a review, and/or have a plyer review system to take shots right back at people who can't seem to read when they create a character and then have problems, even when they are warned.

I'd bet the name chosen by this player didn't meet the naming policies in place and listed in creation either, because you'd actually have to read them to know what they were.

- Terloch
Terloch is offline   Reply With Quote