View Single Post
Old 05-24-2002, 09:12 PM   #6
Iluvatar

Iluvatar is on a distinguished road
Building a unique, complicated, interesting zone is a challenge for even experienced builders with many zones under their belt. I've seen many put up decent but somewhat bland zones to begin with, then spend periods of time going back into it and improving this or that, fine tuning so to speak until it's a great zone.

Some find proofing other zones give them ideas for neat things, some take on two zones at once and bounce back and forth as the ideas strike them. I write little notes to myself in a special notebook I keep with me at all times and usually am working on three zones at once. Hmm, that is when I'm not proofing or editing some shortcoming somewhere.

Overall, I think the important thing is to remember these are works of art we are creating and I can't envision any true artist ever thinking the last one was their coup de grace or ultimate masterpiece. Take breaks, switch a focus, experience other zones with always keeping an eye to improving a published work instead of trashing it, they take too much time to create from scratch.

Iluvatar
Iluvatar is offline   Reply With Quote