View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #13
Bardicer

Bardicer is on a distinguished road
Re: Yet another looking for a mud request

I would suggest checking out Lensmoor. There is a clan system, and it is COMPLETELY player driven. There are no set classes - if you have the skillcap you can learn everything except racial skills/spells.

Crafting system? In Lensmoor you mine ores and gems (gems are used for enchanting), metalwork the ores into metals, metalwork different metals together to make alloys (coal + iron = steel... copper and iron = bronze I believe, etc.) and create wearable/enchantable/detailable objects like weapons, armor, and jewelry. You can also collect herbs to create potions, salves, and pills. You can ALSO create casters, staves, and wands as well.

The quest system is pretty robust... you can do solo hack&slash quests (capture a mob, kill a mob, find an item, or find a mob and ask it a question pertaining to the game) or you can do solo crafting quests (gather this material, or craft this item and deliver it to that mob), OR you can do group quests which are hack&slash (kill a horde of x mob in y area, or kill x mob in y area that's a leader).

You can own shops, you can own houses, you can have pets, you can even CREATE pets once you learn beast fusion.

The ONLY drawback to Lensmoor right now is that the playerbase has dwindled down due to people getting sucked into real life. At one point there was an average of 60 people on at any given time with a peak of 150-175 people on at once...but over the years it's shrunk to an average of 10-15 people on at once and a peak of 25-40 people on.

There is no character approval process, RP isn't strictly enforced UNLESS you're PK (you have to have a valid reason to kill someone), and everything is pretty much in the hands of the players. It's been up since '97, and I've been playing since '99.
Bardicer is offline   Reply With Quote