View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 04:23 AM   #1
Ide

Ide will become famous soon enoughIde will become famous soon enough
Need help with class names

I need help thinking of some class names, and after mulling things over for a while I'm hoping someone can help me out. The basic setup on this mud is that players, after some time as a class-less character (called a mob), choose a class that defines their 'soul'. The first three I've decided on names for are:

Essence: for example, alchemists and summoners.

Spirit: priests, cultists, evangelists, prophets.

Lucre: thieves, politicians, merchants.

So the basic idea is a class forms the core of a character, and certain gameplay is available only to members of a particular class, though in other respects the mud is somewhat 'classless'.

While I'm starting with those first three (representing some main areas of gameplay -- alchemy and summoning, creating and promulgating religions, and the city economy), I am planning to add more classes after the first three are well fleshed out. The tentative names for these are:

Blood: for example, gladiators and mercenaries.

Praxis: artists, scientists, craftworkers.

I think Blood is OK but I'm not happy with the Praxis class name. I've been trying to follow a naming theme with essence, spirit, blood, etc. but I can't think of a good one that would describe the 'core' of art, science, and craft. I'm defining art pretty broadly here -- you could call this whole class 'art' but I'd like it to follow more in line with the naming convention already established.

Any ideas?
Ide is offline   Reply With Quote