Thread: I'm So Pretty
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2005, 02:56 PM   #23
Kallekins

Kallekins is on a distinguished road
The mud I play has a random roll at character creation for an attractiveness string. It's a pretty cool little string, changing by the race, sex and sobriety of the person looking at you, but most people pay more attention to the description than this string though.
My character is 'hideous.' At least to other female humans. To a completely wasted male human, I believe she is merely ugly. The problem is, I planned out her RP expecting to look rather normal, before I found out she is hideous, and her personality really wouldn't work well. So the desc I wrote is pretty neutral, but doesn't have the grotesque flaws you'd expect from someone that ugly. And most people think she's cute, because of her personality. Well, except those enemies who've learned she's quite hideous inside too.
Anyway, generally I like to decide on my own how my character will react to someone, and if she thinks they're attractive or not. Sometimes it'll be certain things that I've decided my character likes (bigger, more rugged men, some scars, etc), or sometimes I'll find them attractive if I think the desc is especially well-written. Often if a male has too attractive a desc, I'll call him a pretty boy, or too elven looking. Some get called 'cute but boring.' Sometimes I'll be attracted to somebody grotesquely ugly, just for fun. And I like to annoy the too pretty females, especially elves, by calling them too skinny and flat-chested.
Kallekins is offline   Reply With Quote