Old 06-26-2010, 02:20 PM   #5
Wade_Gustafson

Name: Wade
Home MUD: Maiden Desmodus
Home MUD: www.MaidenDesmodus.com
Wade_Gustafson is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Wade_Gustafson
Re: Why I Left Your MUD- A Newbie's Persepctive

Looking over the original post here, it seems the turn-off here is immaturity and lack of realism in the muds that created these less than wonderful impressions. Over the years, and that's a great many years in my case, I've stuck my head in at a lot of games and seldom if ever managed to make it more than five minutes for many of the same reasons.

There are games out there that are mature, realistic (within their themes), and well done. I'm rather sheltered as far as what's out there, but I can assure you that you won't find that sort of immaturity on Maiden Desmodus, however we do not yet have a huge playerbase as we are relatively new. Others I can recommend would be Shadows of Isildur (though I haven't seen what's happened to it in the last year), Harshlands (haven't been there in even longer), and Atonement (currently closed and between alpha beta development stages). Of all of them, I'd love to see you come to MD, of course, and at least give us a try. ()

Most of the games listed on the old RPIMUD Network website would also probably be more to your liking, but I closed that down years ago and honestly don't remember many of the games on the list. You tend to get more of the realism on the RPIs, but a far lower player count as a whole. There are also probably a few games out there, like MD, that present role-play, realism, and maturity, you'll just need to dig around for them or look for recommendations here.

Good luck in your mud-hunting!
Wade_Gustafson is offline   Reply With Quote