View Single Post
Old 07-28-2004, 04:18 PM   #32
shadowfyr

shadowfyr will become famous soon enough
Personally, I tend to prefer systems that may impose some preset limits on the 'individual', over ones with different attributes based on other factors, like species. However, there are often good reasons for it in high fantasy settings, where there are definite and obvious differences. But this brings up the comment I think I read in Dragon or some place, "The players are the heroes, not just the normal population. It should be expected that they don't quite fit the 'norm' for their race." It is a complicated issue and on the mud where I play it is so slipshod that quite a few races are almost totally useless, since their attributes make them incapable of doing well in every guild in the game. I suspect, due to the way the combat and other systems work, and the lack of alternative methods to really advance, that they would never do well in 'any' guild. But yeah, keep the RL stuff out of the game.

The stuff 'in game' needs to be based on in game issues, like people going around killing innocent foxes... (inside joke)

P.S. Thought I smelled a Troll on these forums Gemini.
-Kagehi Kossori grins at you.
shadowfyr is offline   Reply With Quote